Colour / Material: Gold-plated silver with a freshwater pearl
Length: Adjustable: 38, 40 and 42 cm
Bead size: 0.5 cm
Care: Store your Sophie by Sophie pearl necklace in your green Sophie bag that you receive with your order.
Meet our classy pearl necklace with a simple freshwater pearl. A charming Sophie jewellery that suits all occasions of life, every day as a party. Pearls are a classic detail that Sophie has long worked with and included in her collections. The pearl gives a sense of timeless elegance with its round shape and mother of pearl hue. Sophie by Sophie's necklace with a simple pearl is available in both rhodium-plated silver and gold-plated silver.
The pearl necklace is part of the pearl collection where you can also find classic pearl bracelets, pearl earrings and a pearl ring, all jewelry with one or more freshwater pearls. We work with both the freshwater pearl and the organic baroque pearl in our collection. See our entire pearl collection below and find your favorite!
Info about pearls
A real pearl is round in shape and white. However, pearls are also available in pink, silver, cream, gold, green, blue and black color. Pearls have been grown for 100 years and are made by mussels and have a lifespan of 100-150 years. Pearls are damaged by both high and low humidity as well as acids, alcohol, sweat, and greasy skincare products.
Freshwater pearls are the most common pearl and are grown from mussels that live in freshwater. They are available in many different shapes and grades. Round pearls with a beautiful natural luster are the best and most sought after. Freshwater pearls come in several different colors, such as white, silver-white, off-white, champagne pink, and purple.
STORAGE & WEAR
- Store your precious piece in a jewellery pouch. Specially designed jewellery boxes, with soft lining and individual compartments are always the best. It should be stored away from direct sunlight, damp, and extremes, either heat or cold.
- Never force or pull chains. When in storage, arrange chains in loop shapes to avoid damage.
- After each use, gently wipe every piece with a soft cloth to remove any make-up residue or oils from your skin. Go easy – excessive polishing might rub off the plating.
- Never wear jewellery in a swimming pool, sauna or steam room. * Don’t sleep with your jewellery on.
WATER & CHEMICAL INTERACTIONS
- Water and chemicals found in everyday products may damage the surface. Always take jewellery off before washing your hands, bathing, showering or doing household work.
- Add your jewellery as the last step of your beauty routine. Hairspray, perfume, soap, make-up, oils and lotions may all dull the surface.
- Just like any other wardrobe item, jewellery needs maintenance to keep in mint condition. Check locks and clasps regularly.
- It is natural for the layers of gold plating to gradually wear off, but by following our care tips you can slow down the process. You might at some point want to get a new layer of gold plating. If so, get in touch with us by sending us an e-mail: email@example.com.
GET TO KNOW OUR MATERIALS
- Our collections consist of precious metals (rhodium plated sterling silver, gold plated silver and 18K gold) and of non-precious metals (brass and base metal) which are also gold or rhodium plated. You should be aware that metal may darken or tarnish with normal wear.
- Excessive light, heat or moisture may compromise the quality of the gemstones and of the plating. The colour of some gemstones may fade with prolonged exposure to the sun. Avoid the risk of summertime sadness by saving your jewellery for evenings or the shade.
- Because most of the stones and pearls used in our collections are natural gemstones and seashell pearls, they will vary in shape, size and colour. Inclusions may be seen in some natural stones and are part of their beauty.
- Pearls may loose their lustre when exposed to products like soaps and perfumes. Pearls and most gemstones are delicate and special care should be taken when cleaning with chemicals and ultrasonic cleaners.
- Silver may oxidise and darken from contact with the natural salts and minerals on your skin. Special jewellery shops sell silver polish dips that can bring back the shine to your jewellery.
Standard Domestic: Free
Express: EU €25
Delivery between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
Receive your purchases in 2-3 working days after your order has been placed.
Standard: EU €20
Delivery between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
Receive your purchases in 3-4 working days after your order has been placed.
Try your purchase on in the comfort of your own home and let us know straightaway if you’d like a different size or a refund.