“Protecting and restoring biodiversity is one of the greatest and most urgent challenges of our time”
SOPHIE by SOPHIE x Wildhood
Sophie by Sophie partners with organisations that drive change. A great example is Wildhood Foundation. The foundation was founded in 2016 to protect threatened ecosystems and wildlife in Africa. In only 50 years, 70% of our planet’s wildlife populations have disappeared and the downwards trend continues. Fact is that nature is under extreme threat and it is up to our generation to turn the tide before it’s too late.
Wildhood has launched a whole new strategy employing rural African women as park rangers, putting women at the forefront of conservation. In five years, the project has grown from an initial 16 women to 245 rangers protecting large scale wilderness areas that would otherwise risk getting lost. The initiative has helped drive an 80% downturn in elephant poaching while supporting an almost 400% increase in wildlife populations.
Our Wildheart Collection supports the nonprofit organization Wildhood Foundation. Every day 55 elephants are being killed for their tusks and within our lifetime elephants risk getting extinct in the wild. The collection is inspired by Wildhood's Wildheart symbol and consists of heart hoop earrings, a heart bracelet and heart necklace in gold- and rhodium-plated recycled silver. The heart is uneven, just like nature, and reminds us of the rough skin of these precious animals.
• To protect 1 hectare of land (10 000 m2) = 50 SEK/year
• A female ranger’s monthly salary: 3500 SEK (42 000 SEK/year)
• A female ranger’s uniform: 7000 SEK
• A female ranger’s equipment: 9000 SEK
Wildhood’s mission is to
• Raise funds to enable and scale hands-on protection of wildlife and nature
• Raise awareness to increase knowledge about the threats to wildlife and nature
• Influence opinion and legislation through debate and policy work
10% of each sold Wildheart jewellery piece goes to the organisation.
A donation to Wildhood supports:
• Recruitment, training and deployment of female park rangers
• Salaries, uniforms and equipment to keep rangers operational
• K9-dogs trained to find parts of wild animals, weapons or ammunition
• Scholarships to school kids in communities surrounding the wilderness
• Infrastructure, health care and clean water in local communities
Welcome to our Flagship Store! We have finally opened our flagship store at Nordiska Kompaniet in Stockholm. A green velvet jewellery box filled with the latest jewellery news, fine diamond pieces, Limited Editions and beautiful gifts. Come visit us!