CHILDHOOD NECKLACE, Gold
Chain length: 90 cm
Stone size: 1 cm
For each Childhood bracelet sold, 10% of the sale is donated to the World Childhood Foundation.
Explore Childhood bracelet in gold-plated silver
Childhood bracelet consists of 10 gems that symbolize 10 different sections of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Red Agate - A child who has been subjected to abuse or exploitation has the right to rehabilitation and social rehabilitation.
Yellow Agate - Every child has the right to social security, and help if the parents, for example, have little money.
Amethyst - Every child has the right to freedom of speech, to think, think and express their opinions.
Sophie Gyllenhammar Mattsson, founder of Sophie by Sophie, early in her career was taken by the important work of the World Childhood Foundation and therefore made contact with the organization. The World Childhood Foundation was founded in 1999 by Her Royal Majesty Queen Silvia in Sweden and is a child rights organization working to prevent violence and sexual abuse against children worldwide. One in five children in Sweden is subjected to sexual abuse during their childhood. Childhood wants to break that silence, for violence and abuse of children can be prevented. Childhood's vision is that no child should end up in violent and risky environments without everyone having a safe and loving childhood, free from violence and sexual abuse.
Sophie created a bracelet with ten stones in 2007, each stone forming a section of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. On the 10th anniversary of the collaboration, the bracelet was extended to a collection.
STORAGE & WEAR
- Store your precious piece in a jewellery pouch. Specially designed jewellery boxes, with soft lining and individual compartments are always the best. It should be stored away from direct sunlight, damp, and extremes, either heat or cold.
- Never force or pull chains. When in storage, arrange chains in loop shapes to avoid damage.
- After each use, gently wipe every piece with a soft cloth to remove any make-up residue or oils from your skin. Go easy – excessive polishing might rub off the plating.
- Never wear jewellery in a swimming pool, sauna or steam room. * Don’t sleep with your jewellery on.
WATER & CHEMICAL INTERACTIONS
- Water and chemicals found in everyday products may damage the surface. Always take jewellery off before washing your hands, bathing, showering or doing household work.
- Add your jewellery as the last step of your beauty routine. Hairspray, perfume, soap, make-up, oils and lotions may all dull the surface.
- Just like any other wardrobe item, jewellery needs maintenance to keep in mint condition. Check locks and clasps regularly.
- It is natural for the layers of gold plating to gradually wear off, but by following our care tips you can slow down the process. You might at some point want to get a new layer of gold plating. If so, get in touch with us by sending us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GET TO KNOW OUR MATERIALS
- Our collections consist of precious metals (rhodium plated sterling silver, gold plated silver and 18K gold) and of non-precious metals (brass and base metal) which are also gold or rhodium plated. You should be aware that metal may darken or tarnish with normal wear.
- Excessive light, heat or moisture may compromise the quality of the gemstones and of the plating. The colour of some gemstones may fade with prolonged exposure to the sun. Avoid the risk of summertime sadness by saving your jewellery for evenings or the shade.
- Because most of the stones and pearls used in our collections are natural gemstones and seashell pearls, they will vary in shape, size and colour. Inclusions may be seen in some natural stones and are part of their beauty.
- Pearls may loose their lustre when exposed to products like soaps and perfumes. Pearls and most gemstones are delicate and special care should be taken when cleaning with chemicals and ultrasonic cleaners.
- Silver may oxidise and darken from contact with the natural salts and minerals on your skin. Special jewellery shops sell silver polish dips that can bring back the shine to your jewellery.
Standard Domestic: Free
Express: EU €25
Delivery between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
Receive your purchases in 2-3 working days after your order has been placed.
Standard: EU €20
Delivery between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
Receive your purchases in 3-4 working days after your order has been placed.
Try your purchase on in the comfort of your own home and let us know straightaway if you’d like a different size or a refund.